Tuesday, October 2, 2007

War & Killer Robots



I really enjoy this class. Yes, there is a shit load of reading, you can potentially spend a million hours a week on each assignment and class is almost half the day on the weekend. But, I like it. I like that we are learning very important lessons about writing (the weaker of my 2 skills) and we have to be savvy enough in both regards to be successful. I am definitely not used to the whole writing, reading, editing and reediting the copy, plus (I am used to) designing, proofing, editing and so on . Combining both skills together has been very enjoyable but my favorite element is our creative freedom. I find the creative freedom awesome, it has been a while since I have been this enthused about graphic design and I like it. Don't get me wrong, I love being a designer, even if I am designing packaging and collateral for drugs, it is what I am meant to do. What can I do when I have total creative control? I do things like combine ideas from the past and future: war propaganda and killer robots. When in the world can you do that? Seriously what an opportunity to make kick-ass, fun crap for yourself and your portfolio. I hope everyone else in class sees this opportunity to be as creative and fun as possible and I certainly recommend taking advantage of it. War Propaganda Campaign Against Killer Robots– YES!

2 comments:

michelle said...

yo, bob,

couldn't agree with you more. though i do worry about having an actual career and how credible i am--i appreciate, for a time that i am able to do whatever i want, the way i want. i can honestly say i do not think there will be another time when i can use the term "frigid bitch" in an idea in the professional world. maybe by the time i graduate there will be? i hope so.

m4rk said...

This class is most definitely kickin' my ass. I'm looking forward to seeing it through, though, because I know once it's over I'll have created something I can be proud of. I hope ...

Until then, do the robo-boogie!