Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cool Typography


Once again I reached into my extensive library of unusual books and movies to satisfy this weeks "show and tell" assignment. I picked the B & W Photography book because I think the right typeface can be all the typography magic you need to make a book cover look interesting and elegant. The kerning and leading on this title are especially interesting– check out how good the word photo looks in this. On the other hand my other choice was completely different. The film "Memento" is about a man who loses his short term memory and the packaging is made to look like his medical file. The designers have done a great job of combining interesting typography, such as handwriting, and the cool package design. They have successfully made the DVD box look like a medical file.

No comments: